Thursday, May 3, 2018
4:00 - 10:00 PM
Magnolia Building - ALC
What is LNAP?
LNAP-Long Night Against Procrastination-is an event that takes place before midterm and final exams.
Its purpose is twofold:
- to encourage students to avoid putting things off (procrastinating) and to tackle some of the assignments/projects that come due just before midterm or during finals week and to start preparing for exams.
- to provide students academic support by extending hours and services in the Academic Learning Center (ALC), the library, and the open labs in Magnolia and offer special workshops and review sessions hosted by faculty.
- Use the extended hours and open, quiet study space on campus to plan and prepare for midterm or the end of the semester.
- Take advantage of the free tutoring, writing assistance,and workshops offered during the evening (4-9 PM!).
- Identify goals for the night and make progress toward meeting them.
- Meet with faculty and ask questions. Get assistance and advice with assignments and finals.
- Ask a librarian your research questions.
- Join a study group or bring your study group and share strategies and materials, and support one another. Compare notes, test one another, teach one another.
- Enjoy the evening with others (refreshments will be served) and leave feeling you have made some progress.
- Win prizes for attending workshops.
- Take advantage of the opportunity and venue to offer students a special workshop or review session to reinforce content.
- Share strategies for success or exam prep with your students.
- Visit with individual students and small groups in a relaxed environment and encourage them in their efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues across disciplines and enjoy the evening with others (refreshments will be served).
Calling LNAP Volunteers
We are looking for faculty and staff interested in volunteering their time for Long Night Against Procrastination. Volunteers are needed to serve refreshments, direct/greet students, set-up rooms for events, and other tasks.
If you're interested in volunteering for any portion of the LNAP event, please contact Jeanne Stacy at email@example.com.