- New Student Orientation
Welcome New Students!
We are so happy you have chosen to attend BRCC. Let us help you get off to a great start at New Student Orientation (NSO).
Sign-up for a day/time here (click here to sign-up).
In order to get the most out of your time at NSO, be sure to complete your FAFSA 14 days prior to your NSO date. In addition, look for emails from your Financial Aid Case Manager indicating what documents you need to submit at NSO. We look forward to seeing you there. If you have any questions email email@example.com
New Student Orientation Mission:
NSO provides a dynamic and exciting introduction to Baton Rouge Community College’s processes, terminology, individuals, and facilities.
New Student Orientation Goals:
- Introduce students to college services that will support their educational and personal goals (Welcome, Canvas Course)
- Familiarize students and families with the financial responsibilities associated with their educational and personal goals (Welcome/Financial Aid)
- Complete FAFSA and any additional Financial Aid documentation (Financial Aid)
- Facilitate initial academic advisement, course selection, and registration (LOLA Navigation, Advising, and Registration)
- Familiarize students with the campus environment and physical facilities (Campus Tour)
- Familiarize students with faculty expectations and student responsibilities (Canvas Course)
- Friday November 17
- Tuesday November 21
- Wednesday November 29
- Monday December 4
- Thursday November 16